Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Grants!!!

I'm super excited to have been awarded two grants from the Brunswick Arts Council!!

Grant #1 will pay for me to take a ceramics course at Fat Cat Pottery in Wilmington, NC. Ceramics has been the one discipline I never managed to get much experience with. While I think I did alright teaching myself some basics last year, this class will definitely help me expand on my skills!

Grant #2 will fund travel to the National Art Education Association (NAEA) National Convention in Seattle, WA this spring. The convention is a four day professional development event for art educators from across the country. Each day is filled with workshops, lectures, and hands-on projects. I am very excited to be attending once again for the second year!


Thanks so much to the Brunswick Arts Council for making these opportunities possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment